Understanding exam questions and answering them correctly: 10 simple tactical tips for passing the written IHK examination (34a certificate)
Free tests and exam questions to prepare for the expert knowledge examination (§ 34a GewO) are very useful for practising. However, tactical tips are almost as important. Because even if you don’t immediately know the answer to an exam question in the 34a test, you can pass the 34a exam with the help of a few tips & tricks.
No idea, no answer? Please don’t!
You can’t know everything. Even if you have prepared well for the 34a test with test questions, mock exams and other study material, you may simply not know what to do with some questions. Yes, you do: Even if you don’t know the answer to an exam question, you can still clear the hurdle of the expert knowledge exam!
10 simple tips on how to pass the examination of professional competence
If you take the following tips for the written IHK examination for expertise § 34a GewO into account, you can also score points for gaps in your knowledge:
- It can a solution be correct, or it can two solutions be correct. Therefore, never give three or more solutions as correct!
- Singular or plural? Pay attention to whether in the Questioning after one or more correct answers is asked! Example: In the case of a question that begins with “What prerequisiteen, a security guard must fulfil,…” begins, there is more than one correct solution.
- Note the Context of the question (subject area)! If, for example, a question is asked about a fact in criminal law (StGB), an answer referring to civil law (BGB) cannot be correct.
- Pay attention to Negative formulationsIf there is a negative in the question, so maybe the question is asking you to tick what exactly you want to tick. not applies? Then you need to rethink and choose exactly the opposite answer options!
- Key terms like “never” or “never or “always” or “always should be warning signs! It is rather rare that e.g. prohibitions or permissions always or never apply, i.e. are absolute. For many things there are exceptions or certain framework conditions and no strict black and white. Such key terms in an answer indicate that it is rather wrong.
- Other terms that should set alarm bells ringing are those such as “exclusively” or “without exception”. The same applies here as in the previous tip. It is not often that something applies without any exception.
- In the written examination you have enough time. Take your time and read the questions in detail and, if necessary, several times. If you cannot think of the answer, put the question back. Mark the question so that you do not forget to look at it again later.
- You are unsure of the correct answer to a question. Work according to the Exclusion principle and sort out the possibilities that definitely cannot be true. This often helps.
- If you don’t have a clue about a question, don’t leave it unanswered. Guess if you have to! Not answering a question definitely gets you 0 points. Even if your gut tells you one or two solutions, luck may be on your side.
- Finally, the most important thing: Even if this article is about “tactics tips” in the narrower sense — it’s not about tactics. prepare yourself! Timely and purposeful learning is the essential factor for passing the examination.
You can get many more tips on how to successfully master the 34a professional qualification examination if you read our free newsletter subscribe. Directly afterwards we will send you our 34a PDF with a total of 25 tips for the expert examination to.
Expertise tips and exam questions on YouTube
I would like to recommend two helpful videos for the preparation for the 34a licence, which you can find in the YouTube channel of the Academy for Security find: