Information portal for the expert knowledge examination in the guarding trade according to § 34a Gewerbeordnung!
On this website you will find information on the so-called 34a certificate. We have for you Tips on how to successfully prepare for the examination with books, flashcards and online offers. You will also find Basic information on the 34a examination at the IHK, such as participation requirements, registration options and examination dates. If then still Questions on the 34a professional qualification examination or you are looking for answers to 34a exam questions, please feel free to use the help forum at any time. There you can completely free of charge Your question about the expert knowledge examination in the guarding trade pose.
Do you have any questions about the security industry qualification examination?
Learn how to master your qualified entry into the security industry and successfully pass your exam. We will explain everything you need to know about the § 34a qualification and show you what you need to watch out for.
What are the benefits of the expert examination?
Only with a successfully passed examination are you allowed to carry out special guarding activities. Furthermore, the further training represents a recognised qualification level in the private security industry. You will personally benefit from more knowledge and better job prospects. In addition, the successful completion of the expert examination according to § 34a GewO is an important prerequisite if you want to become self-employed in the security industry.
How do I get the “expertise”?
You can only take the expert knowledge examination at a state-recognised body. This is usually your local Chamber of Industry and Commerce (IHK). The examination cannot be taken online and can only be taken in German. To receive the certificate, you must pass both a written and an oral examination with at least 50% of the points. The written part consists of questions with pre-set answers to tick off (multiple choice), the oral part is taken before an examination board.
Who needs the expertise according to § 34a?
Successful completion of the expert examination at a chamber of industry and commerce is required by law for:
- Guards in the entrance area of discotheques (bouncers)
- patrols in public traffic areas (e.g. city patrols)
- Control patrols in areas under house jurisdiction with actual public traffic
- Activities to protect against shoplifters (shop detectives)
- Guarding of asylum and refugee accommodation (only in a managerial capacity)
- Guarding of access-protected major events (only in a managerial capacity)
- Tradesmen (managing director/owner of a security company)
News from the expertise blog
- Unhappy in your job: What options do you have as a security guard?It is true that working in the private security industry can be a tough job. The working conditions in some … Read more
- What is the guard register?In 2019, the state and nationwide guard register was newly introduced and is mandatory for the private security industry. It … Read more
- Working as a 34a security guard: What to do when the boss cancels services?In the private security sector, shift work, night work and work on public holidays are common working conditions. Security guards often perform challenging work in order to … Read more
- Memorising exam questions and answers: Is that enough to pass the 34a exam?The expert knowledge examination in the guarding trade according to § 34a of the Trade, Commerce and Industry Regulation Act (Gewerbeordnung) is an important prerequisite for entering the profession in this field. It … Read more
- These are the advantages of learning with exam questions for the 34a examLearning with exam questions is a proven method used by many students to improve their understanding and knowledge of the subject. … Read more
- Application tips for private security guards: How to apply successfully!Security guards play an important role in the private security industry and are often the first point of contact for customers and visitors. When … Read more
- The Future of the Private Security Industry in Germany: Man or Machine?The private security industry is an important economic sector in Germany and employs many people. In total, in 2022, there were just under … Read more
- 34a-Preparation: Which form of teaching is best for you?Which form of teaching is best for you? In the following article, I would like to show you the different ways of learning, with their advantages and disadvantages. … Read more
- Voucher code: 10% Discount on Sachkunde preparation with Sachkun.deThe learning platform Sachkun.de is one of the best-known online offers for 34a preparation. The platform with e‑learning, test questions, mock exams and online help is available at … Read more
- Examination of expertise — why? Just buy the 34a licence…You don’t feel like taking the exam and preparing for it, you’ve already failed the Chamber of Industry and Commerce’s expert knowledge exam several times, or you don’t want to take the exam. … Read more
- The information portal on the 34a examination is now multilingual!You don’t speak German, but another language? Qualified workers are urgently needed in many areas in Germany at the moment. One … Read more
- Understanding exam questions and answering them correctly: 10 simple tactical tips for passing the written IHK examination (34a certificate)Free tests and exam questions to prepare for the expert knowledge examination (§ 34a GewO) are very useful for practising. Almost as important … Read more