Lan­guage skills, taking exams as a foreigner

ForumCate­go­ry: Sach­kunde­prüf­ung nach § 34a GewO (all­ge­mein)Lan­guage skills, taking exams as a foreigner
Nata­lia asked 3 years ago

Good day!

I am loo­king for work in Ger­ma­ny. The employ­ment agen­cy sug­gested a job in the secu­ri­ty sec­tor. I would like to do that.
But for this, my future employ­er wants me to take part in the expert know­ledge exami­na­ti­on.
Do I need any pro­of to be allo­wed to take the exam as a for­eig­ner?
Do I have to pre­sent a lan­guage cer­ti­fi­ca­te (e.g. B2)?

Thank you & best regards,


1 Ans­wers
Exper­ti­se 34a Staff ans­we­red 3 years ago

No. For­mal­ly, you do not need to pro­ve any lan­guage skills.
Howe­ver, you should defi­ni­te­ly have a good know­ledge of the Ger­man lan­guage, other­wi­se you will not pass the exam.
A lan­guage cour­se in advan­ce would cer­tain­ly be hel­pful. You should also know tech­ni­cal terms from the field of guarding/security, e.g. legal terms and abbre­via­ti­ons or terms from secu­ri­ty technology.
Many gree­tings and all the best!