Are there currently any examinations at the Chamber of Industry and Commerce because of Corona?
Whether pandemic-related 34a exams are currently being conducted is a hot question
As things stand, the Chambers of Industry and Commerce (IHK’s) are trying to stick to the existing dates for examinations. Yes! The exams usually take place. However, there can be deviations, because in principle each chamber can decide for itself whether an examination is carried out, cancelled without replacement or postponed. In the case of the current corona crisis, this also depends on the regional incidence value, the current legal requirements and political decisions.
Pandemic plans/hygiene concepts and specifications of the IHK
Most chambers have hygiene concepts that specify the conditions under which examinations can be carried out.
For many chambers, the following rules apply (without guarantee):
- A self-disclosure form must be filled out (no signs of illness, no previous stay in risk areas, no contact with infected persons, etc.).
- Access and stay is only permitted with a mask (FFP 2 or comparable), so-called community masks (fabric masks) are usually not sufficient.
- There are disinfectant dispensers at the entrances that are to be used for hand disinfection upon access
- A minimum distance of 1.5 — 2 metres must still be maintained
- Handshakes and other physical contact are not permitted.
- Lifts are not to be used or are not to be shared
- The examination rooms are ventilated continuously or at intervals (therefore remember to bring warm clothing if necessary!).
- Only the participants’ own writing material may be used, working utensils may not be exchanged among the participants.
- The gathering of people in the premises (corridors, etc.), e.g. during breaks or before and after the examination, will not be tolerated.
Further applies: It is best to find out directly from the examining IHK what you have to observe — whether, for example, a medical certificate must be submitted or whether changes have occurred at short notice. The website of the respective IHK (keyword News / Corona) quickly provides substantial information here.